10 Tips To Proof Your Home Against Cold And Flu
Cold and Flu can hit even the healthiest ones and it usually comes when there is an important meeting or presentation round the corner. We know that you don’t want the flu and thus here are 10 ways to proof your home and surroundings against Flu.
1. Sanitize the touchy surface - Most of the flu spreads through the touchy surface, which includes doorknob, kitchen utensils and many more. We can remove the germs from these surfaces as germs can only survive for 8 hours on a hard surface. So sanitize these surface using antiviral sanitizer wipes. One can also remove these germs using white vinegar and dry towel after spraying white vinegar.
2. Keep your Legs Clean - Germs are also spread through dust and mud from your shoes/legs. This can be frequent during the rainy season when the mud sticks on your shoes can also spread the germs. To stop spreading of germs, make sure that you have a clean doormat outside your house and also the mud/dirt stick footwear shouldn't be allowed inside. You can also clean your legs with soap and lukewarm warm to get rid of dirt and germs.
3. Minimize Dust inside House - Minimize the house dust by dusting your house regularly using vacuum cleaners, dust collector, or wiping out with a clean cloth. This will keep your house free from germs and bacteria. If there are any pets in your house, bath them regularly.
4. Wear a Mask - Wearing surgical masks is a great option to prevent yourself from the common cold, flu, and germs. These are indoor masks that can be used in Airplanes, Metro, Hospitals, or even while dusting your house. The PureMe Indoor Flu Protection Mask is an amazing product to stay away from common flu. Check the product details on Amazon and be ready to stay away from flu.
5. Use copper - If you are thinking to invest in a good quality sink, then it is suggested to use copper. As copper or copper alloy like brass or bronze help to remove viruses and are also called bacteria busters.
6. No Smoking - Smoking is injurious to health as we all know, to keep our surrounding clean and healthy say no to smoking. Regularly smoking can cause various health disease, including your family members also.
7. Use tissues - It is preferable to use tissue papers when you sneeze during the flu as flu is a contagious disease.
8. Wash your hands - Washing your hand regularly after every little task is important, or you can also use sanitizer to keep your hands germ-free. Washing the hands regularly will kill the bacteria and germs which are acquired while shaking hands, eating, driving, or touching any surface. Always touch the kitchen utensils with clean hands to prevent the spread of bacteria and germs.
9. Plant Trees - Planting small trees and plant will keep the surrounding germs free and healthy. It will also help in purifying the air and provide with lots of Oxygen to inhale, which is good for health and also for respiratory organs.
10. Detox your desk - Especially students should clean their study tables, computer tables and books regularly as a lot of dust collects on such places.